It’s day one of NaBloPoMo, when bloggers are invited to blog every day for the month of November.
I’ve done NaBlo the past two years and really enjoyed it. I loved the creative challenge and I met so many fantastic new bloggers through the network. Plus, there’s always the dream of winning a totally awesome prize.
This year, I almost didn’t sign up. That’s because this November is shaping up to be the busiest month of my life, like, EVER. Here’s what’s on tap for this month:
- Plan and host a major fundraising event at my kids’ school (this is the big one, I’m spending hours on this every day and I freak out every time I even glance at the volunteer schedule)
- Get the team together for World Trivia Night (which is the night before the fundraiser, I am a GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT)
- one PTA meeting, one poker night, one dentist appointment, one games night with friends, and one book club meeting (which I haven’t even started reading the book for)
- the usual gymnastics and swimming lessons
- it’s my birthday in there somewhere
- complete all Christmas shopping (because I HATE the mall in December, and December is busy enough as it is)
- prepare the activities for our Christmas Advent Calendar
But then I thought, what the hell? Let’s do it. Because after all, I am a glutton for punishment (see above).
And also, I have to keep on top of Dance! Show!, because otherwise our PVR will have a seizure, and our PVR is like our fourth child so I can’t have that. If I’m watching Dance! Show!, then that has to be good for what, at least four or five posts a week, right?
Throw in You Capture once a week, and that only leaves one day a week to make a pathetic post about how I AM SO BUSY. And done!
Should be a breeze, shouldn’t it?
I’m so sure.