1. The school’s clock is two minutes faster than all other clocks. You are later than you think you are.
2. Don’t even think of picking up the Captain without a juice and snack. DO NOT THINK OF IT.
3. Even though it’s September and coolish and the walks are in the morning or later in the afternoon, we still need sunscreen.
4. Take the outside temperature, add ten degrees, and dress for that higher temperature. That’s how hot it is going to feel while pulling a wagon loaded with two kids, snacks, and backpacks through the shadeless streets, uphill both ways.
5. Gal Smiley can’t make the walk twice a day. On the second trip, she must ride her bike or ride in the wagon. Don’t even think of letting her walk. DO NOT THINK OF IT.
6. And speaking of Gal Smiley, no walking in flip flops.
7. It’s going to take longer than you think to walk to the school.
8. It’s going to take even longer to walk home.
9. Every bug in creation knows the sound of the school bell and considers it a signal to SWARM. Try not to eat any.
10. Bring LOTS of tissues.
11. No, more than that.
12. Don’t even think of letting Little Miss Sunshine out of the stroller. DO NOT THINK OF IT.