A few days ago, Brooklyn Nine-Nine got cancelled. It’s one of my favourite shows and one of the few shows that we watch together as a family, and I was sad.
Less than 36 hours later, it had been picked up again by a new network. Yay! Rock on with your silly self, Nine-Nine!
In between there, in the sad hours, I boldly declared that Captain Holt, played by Andre Braugher on Brooklyn Nine-Nine, was my most favourite TV character ever. EVER.
No one clip can capture the understated brilliance of Captain Holt, but this one might do:
Anyway, Sir Monkeypants challenged me, thinking I was blinded by the recent cancellation, so we brainstormed other TV Characters We Have Loved. Of course, I have not seen every TV show ever. But of the ones I have seen, here’s a list of my all-time favourites.
- Captain Holt, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Veronica Mars, Veronica Mars
- Buffy, Buffy The Vampire Slayer
- Eli Gold, The Good Wife
- Quack, Peep and the Big Wide World
- Christina Yang, Grey’s Anatomy
- Liz Lemon, 30 Rock
- Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
- Kalinda Sharma, The Good Wife
- Toph, Avatar: The Last Airbender
- C.J. Cregg, The West Wing
- Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham, Downton Abbey
- Kimmy Schmidt, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Les Nessman, WKRP in Cinncinati
- Amy Farrah Fowler, The Big Bang Theory
- Diane Lockhart, The Good Wife
- Molly Solverson, Fargo
- Brienne of Tarth, Game of Thrones
- Toby Ziegler, The West Wing
- Titus Andromedon, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Abed Nadir, Community
- Lisa Simpson, The Simpsons
- Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks
- Robin Scherbatsky, How I Met Your Mother
- Dr. Gregory House, House
- Elsbeth Tascioni, The Good Wife
- Data, Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Kramer, Seinfeld
- Murphy Brown, Murphy Brown
- Alex P. Keaton, Family Ties
- Amy Duncan, Good Luck Charlie
- Gob Bluth, Arrested Development
- Mojo Jojo, The Powerpuff Girls
- John “The Biscuit” Cage, Ally McBeal
- Candace, Phineas and Ferb
I know as soon as I post this there are going to be 100 more that I remember. Plus, there are several shows on here where I wish I could list ALL the characters, like Game of Thrones and Veronica Mars and The West Wing and The Good Wife and Arrested Development. Who would you add to this list?
4 thoughts on “Best TV Characters Ever”
From that list number 5 is my favourite! I just told my son (16) Quack was number 5 on your list of favourite tv characters and he said “the world needs a Quack”.
I always really liked Ed (Tom Cavanaugh) in Ed. I had a soft spot for that show.
Ed! He should be on this list, my husband and I loved that show. Although we find in the years since it has been on we are constantly quoting Warren Cheswick instead of Ed. Maybe Warren belongs on the list instead!
I’d pick Charlie from the West Wing any day, and Mac from Veronica Mars.
And for the most part, Oz and Cordelia from Buffy. She said what she thought – have to respect that.
I was trying to find a character from Gilmore Girls that I liked consistently, but couldn’t think of one that wasn’t the. worst., at least sometimes.
Comments are closed.