Well. I don’t even know what to say.
But of course, I will try.
What is UP with all the injuries this season? Injuries are boring. Injuries mean less dancing and predictable eliminations and fewer and fewer dancers availble to appear in the finale and on the tour. They suck. Cut it out, injuries. Be gone!
I do like their elimination solution this week, however. The judges obviously would prefer to keep Billy over Robert or Jose; however, sending one of them home and keeping Billy, when Billy actually could have danced but didn’t, seems really, really unfair. So keeping all of them — interesting choice, and we’ll see how that plays out.
Side note to Billy: last year on SYTYCD Canada, Emanuel Sandhu sprained an ankle AND broke two fingers on his hand, and yet danced every single week. Now that’s a dancer who wants it. Grow a pair, Billy.
(You’re still cute, though. Kisses.)
What’s up with Russell, out of nowhere, being added to the tour for this season? Was there no tour after Season 6? It’s a very odd mix of people they are bringing along this time. Of the all-stars, I’m really surprised they are not bringing Twitch or Comfort. As for this season’s choices, obviously Lauren and Kent will go (top girl, top boy) — but who do you think will be the “four dancers to be named later”? They implied last week that Ashley would go…I’d reckon Adechike, Jose, and Billy will be the other three. Thoughts?
Two will be eliminated this coming week…who will they be? Let’s look into the crystal ball…
1. Kent. Memo to screaming girls in the SYTYCD audience: STOP SCREAMING. I MEAN IT.
2. Lauren. LOVED her number with Twitch this week. One of my most favourite and fun hip-hops ever. Speaking of which, Twitch was a total MVP on the show this week. It’s too bad Billy was out but that stepping number with the clapping and stamping and stuff with Kent transcended into a classic just by the addition of Twitch. I adore him. So why isn’t he on the tour again? In other news, Lauren’s beach party number with Robert sucked. However, Lauren was great. (Sorry, ROBERT.)
3. Adechike. Is it just me, or does he get handsomer every week? I AM COUGAR. Thanks for the shirtless paso, Dmitri!
4. Billy. Here’s where the rankings get tough. I assume the voters will punish Billy for his “you can’t make me” attitude to Dance! Show! this week – but will the judges send him home? I think they’ll keep him over Jose, who they are gunning for, or Robert, who has somehow morphed these past two weeks into a cheeseball shaped as a human. Still, Billy could be in danger if he doesn’t put in a really solid performance this week.
5. Robert. Robert is still a good dancer but holy mackerel, does he ever need to get serious. He was okay with Lauren (the all star one, not the competitor one) – I didn’t love it, but it was passable – but his samba with Lauren (the competitor one, not the all star one) was awful! The faces! The overdone hip swivels! The goofy eye rolls and tongue action! Ugh.
6. Jose. I really, really adored the number Sonya did this week for Jose and Allison, along the edge of the stage. I thought it was brilliant and Sonya’s best routine ever. It was so different for her, and I’m loving this new direction. Jose himself was fine, but I do think this piece could have been so, so legendary with Kent or Adechike dancing it instead, which I guess suggests that Jose just doesn’t dance as well (duh). He also cannot rock a paso doble anywhere near as well as Legacy (Legacy — the original cougar bait! Yay!). So, I’m guessing it’s Jose who will go home. He’ll still get put on the tour over Robert, however, so he and Dominic can do their B-Boy thing in the really big show.
I’d also like to mention: totally called it on the Wade Robson routine for Neil and Lauren in their all star showcase. Oh yes, I am a Dance! Show! Goddess. In other news, having Allison and Lauren strut around behind Enrique was a little scary, don’t you think? Yipes.
Next week – two go home! Ade dancing with Allison, or maybe Kathryn dancing with Dominic! Here’s to an injury free week!